On-Demand Scanner options
On this page you can set options for the
setting you can select the software action after finding a malicious code. These possibilities are available:
- the user is informed about finding an infection by a dialog window and the notice is also displayed in the final report. No other action is performed.
- in case of detecting an infection there will be a possibility to decide which action shall the antivirus program perform. There are the same options as in case of finding an infection (do nothing, repair, rename, move to quarantine or delete).
- the antivirus software tries to restore the infected objects if possible. If not, it will automatically rename it, move it to the quarantine or delete it (in this order).
- the infected file is left on its place, but its extension is changed to an extension that is not associated with any activity in the system.
Move to quarantine
- the infected file is "quarantined" - moved to a directory controlled by the antivirus software, where it cannot do any harm. It is possible to treat the infected file safely in the quarantine: restore it, delete it etc.
- the file containing a malicious code (or a file that is a malicious code itself) will be deleted.
If you select an action that cannot be performed for any reason, the On-Access Scanner takes the following one, according to these priorities: Do nothing, Repair, Rename, Move to quarantine, Delete. Option Repair is implicitly set.
The user action setting is not relevant to scanning mailboxes. The
action is always performed as the first one. If repairing can not be performed then the
action is chosen.
Here you can select advanced options of the On-Demand Scanner:
Scan all files
- This option stands for scanning all files without difference in format or type.
Scan only files with the following extensions
- If you select this option, the antivirus software will scan only files with specified extensions. The predefined list contains dangerous extensions, we recommend to modify it to experienced users only!
Exclude files with following extensions
- If you select this option, the antivirus software will not scan files with extensions that you select. The list cannot be modified until you choose the
Exclude files with following extensions
option. We recommend this option to use to experienced users only!
Scan compressed files
- If you select this option, archive files, i.e. their contents, are scanned (searched for malicious codes). This option slows the scanning down, but on the other hand increases the computer protection.
In the bottom left section there is a button Scan Now.... After the button has been pressed, a context menu will appear from which it is possible to start
the scanning of all disks, or it also possible to choose a specific target (file, directory, disk) which you wish to scan. Selecting the item from the context menu, enables the on demand scanner to scan with the required parameters.
After clicking the Advanced.. button the following options will appear:
Exclude from scannnig:
Objects (files, folders)
- You can select this option if you want to exclude some objects from scanning. By pressing
you can set these objects. We recommend this option to use to experienced users only!
Enable heuristic analysis
- Selecting this method means that the antivirus software will not only scan objects for known viruses, but it will also try to identify unknown malicious codes (suspicious routines, suspicious features etc.) By the help of heuristics, program can reveal new or unknown viruses. This option slows the scanning down, but on the other hand increases the computer protection.
Scan memory on startup
- Check this option to disable memory scanning when on-demand scanner is started (all processes memory scan is very time-consuming).
- If you select this option, there will be a virtual image of the computer created in its memory and every scanned object will be activated in it. Consequently, its behaviour will be examined to reveal any suspicious activity. By this method, even new and unknown viruses can be found. This option slows the scanning down, but on the other hand increases the computer protection.
Removable volumes scanning
Scan newly inserted removable volumes (CD-ROM, USB)
- If this option is activated, the antivirus
program will begin to scan removable media (USB, CD-ROM) automatically after being inserted into the computer.
Ask befor scannig or pemovable volumes
- Before running virus checks of new volumes, firstly ask – Activation means that after the insertion of the
removable media, the antivirus will firstly ask whether it should scan it.
Prepare the BartPE plugin
- Use this button to create a BartPE disk plugin.
Prepare TrustPort USB
- This button shows a list of attached USB devices where a USB scanner can be installed.