On-Access Scanner - Options setting
On this card you can set advanced options of the On-Access Scanner.
The most important feature is the
by which you can set an immediate action performed by the scanner. The program's behavior after finding a malicious code can be one of the following:
- this mode causes that the On-Access Scanner asks a user about a possible action if a virus infection is found.
- the file will physically remain on its position, but the antivirus software blocks any access to it. It is unable to execute the file or to do any harm through it.
- the antivirus software will try to restore the infected file (if it is possible or efficient - some files are malicious software themselves, so there is no sense in repairing it).
- the infected file is left on its place, but its extension is changed to some other which is not associated with any activity in the system.
Move to quarantine
- the infected file is moved into a safe directory controlled by the antivirus software where it cannot do any harm. It is possible to treat the infected file safely in the quarantine: restore, delete etc.
- the file containing a malicious code (or a file being a malicious code itself) will be deleted.
If you select an action that cannot be performed for any reason, the On-Access Scanner takes the following one, according to these priorities: Deny access, Repair, Rename, Move to quarantine, Delete. The default option is Deny access.
The user action setting is not relevant to scanning mailboxes. The
action is always performed as the first one. If repairing can not be performed then the
action is chosen.
Here you can select advanced options of the On-Access Scanner:
Scann all files
- This option stands for scanning all files without difference in format or type.
Scan only files with the following extensions
- If you select this option, the antivirus software will scan only files with specified extensions. The predefined list contains dangerous extensions, we recommend to modify it to experienced users only!
Exclude files with following extensions
- If you select this option, the antivirus software will not scan files with extensions that you select. The list cannot be modified until you choose the
Exclude files with following extensions
option. We recommend this option to use to experienced users only!
Scan compressed files
- If you select this option, archive files, i.e. their contents, are scanned (searched for malicious codes). This option slows the scanning down, but on the other hand increases the computer protection.
After clicking the Advanced.. button the following options will appear:
Exclude form scannig: Objects (files, folders)
- You can select this option if you want to exclude some objects from scanning. By pressing
you can set these objects. We recommend this option to use to experienced users only!
Exclude form scannig: Processes
- This functionality could be potentially
and it is recommended only for
. You have to specify process images to be excluded (for example C:\WINDOWS\NOTEPAD.EXE). Newly added process image causes that all processes with same base image will be excluded from On-Access scanner monitoring/checking. When you add new process image, changes will be applied immediatelly even for already running processes. After removing of process image, currently excluded processes (with same base process image) will remain excluded until its termination.
Process exclusion benefits:
It is possible to use more antivirus products on single computer simply by excluding other antivirus scanner process.
It provides compatibility fix for other file system filtering software installed on same machine.
It could increase overall system performance by excluding some "safe" system processes (indexing service for example).
Enable heuristic analysis
- Selecting this method means that antivirus program will not only scan objects for known viruses, but it will also try to identify unknown malicious codes (suspicious routines, suspicious features etc.) By the help of heuristics, program can reveal new or unknown viruses. This option slows the scanning down, but on the other hand increases the computer protection.
Scan modified file after close
- When this option is enabled, the antivirus program will automatically scan the files after their editing, amending of content, and saving.
- If you select this option, there will be a virtual image of the computer created in its memory and every scanned object will be activated in it. Consequently, its behaviour will be examined to reveal any suspicious activity. By this method, even new and unknown viruses can be found. This option slows the scanning down, but on the other hand increases the computer protection.
Choosing an action for the identified virus
On-Access Scanner general settings
On-Access Scanner settings